PERMITTING POLICY AND PROCEDURES
Town of Plaistow, NH
Permit applications, all types, are accepted during our regular business hours. In some cases The State of New Hampshire makes allowances for homeowners to work on their own property, however there still needs to be a permit obtained.
- Building Permits: The NHRSAs allow for up to thirty (30) days for any residential application to be processed and either approved or denied. The time allowed for commercial permitting review is sixty (60) days. To be fair and impartial applications will be processed in the order that they are received. . Payment for all applications is expected at the time of application. In the case of commercial building permits there may need to be review from other departments or a third party, which could increase the time before the building permit is issued and result in additional fees.
- Electric, Plumbing, Gas Permits: State of New Hampshire licensed persons may obtain a permit upon presentation of a valid master’s (or gas fitter’s) license and a valid photo ID. The Town of Plaistow does not allow for permitting by proxy or by mail.
- Mechanical (non-gas), Oil Burner, and Other Miscellaneous Permits: Permits may be obtained in this office during our regular business hours.
- Sign Permits: Temporary sign permit applications that meet the requirements of the ordinance will be processed immediately. Applications for permanent signage will be accepted for review during regular business hours and you will receive your permit, or letter of denial, in the mail within one (1) week of submitting a complete application and appropriate fees.
- Homeowner Permitting: The Town of Plaistow will issue a permit to a homeowner who is actually, physically doing the work themselves. The dwelling for which the permit is sought must be the property owner's primary residence. When there is a contractor doing the work the expectation is that they will be the one to obtain the permit and accept the responsibility and liability for the job. Plaistow will not issue permits to homeowners for electric service work or for the wiring of a swimming pool.
- All inspections are prepaid at time of permitting. No inspection will be scheduled that has not been prepaid.
- 24 hours notice is requested for all inspections.
- Inspections are scheduled by contacting the Department of Building Safety during regular business hours.
- Failed inspections will be rescheduled upon payment of the re-inspection fee. Missed inspections, or scheduled inspection where the inspector cannot gain reasonable access, will be treated as a failed inspection.
- Some permits require inspection by other departments, such as the Fire Department. This office will do our best to inform you when your project requires inspections by other than our department personnel and whether or not there are any additional fees associated with that inspection.
- Scheduled during regular business hours
- Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 10:00AM
- Monday through Thursday 3:00PM to 5:00PM
Plumbing/Mechanical (including gas):
- Monday through Thursday 3:30PM to 5:00PM and Tuesday, Thursday 8:00AM to 9:00AM