PLAISTOW POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Citizen’s Police Academy runs for twelve (12) weeks, beginning February 28, 2017. Most classes will be held at the Plaistow Police Department on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM with certain classes being held off-site, but still within the Town of Plaistow. Classes may run longer depending on subject matter and class questions.
The course instruction is comprehensive, covering a different area of the Police Department each week. Certified police officers, supervisors, and civilian employees with particular expertise in their field will conduct each topic. Participants will also have the opportunity to ride along with a patrol officer during a shift and will also have the opportunity to learn defensive tactics as well as firearms training. There is no cost for this class.
Graduates from the Citizen’s Police Academy will have a better understanding of the operation of the Plaistow Police Department and a greater awareness and appreciation of the challenges and decisions faced by the members of the Plaistow Police Department each and every day. Community involvement is the most powerful tool any law enforcement agency has in its fight against crime.
Who should attend the Academy?
· Any Plaistow resident, 18 years of age or older, who is interested in learning more about law enforcement or the Police Department.
· Any resident who is wondering if law enforcement may be their calling.
· College students/graduates who and are pursuing a career in law enforcement.
A local records and criminal history check will be performed on all applicants selected for admission. Persons with a history of theft, repeated offenses, drug related crimes and any other history which would call the character of the applicant into question will not be considered.
Please complete the Citizen Police Academy Application, which is attached below, and submit it to Captain Brett Morgan.
For further information, or if you have any questions, please contact Cpt. Morgan at 603-382-1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introduction/Facility Tour
- Dispatch/Radio Protocols
- Constitutional Law/ Laws of Arrest
- Probable Cause/Warrants & Affidavits
- Juvenile Laws
- Patrol Procedures & Arrest/Booking
- MV Laws
- Defensive Tactics/Handcuffing/Officer Safety
- Criminal Laws & Domestic Violence
- Accident Investigation
- DWI & Field Sobriety Testing
- Investigations/Evidence & Property
- Drug Investigation
- K9 Program
- Firearms Safety & Range Time
- Dynamic Scenarios
- Mock Arrest & Trial
CLASS SCHEUDLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
|Citizen Police Academy Application||818.71 KB|