- Establish Residency: We will need either a notarized letter from the landlord stating that you live at their property or a copy of your mortgage statement showing both your name and the Plaistow address. Plus you will need a current utility bill or at least recent mail showing a recent postmark and your name with the Plaistow address.
- Register your vehicles: We will need your titles to each vehicle, if you hold them, to register and issue plates to you. If you have a bank loan on the vehicle, bring in the following: your current registration and the name and address of the bank that is holding the title. We will also need to know the date you bought the vehicle and the mileage at the time of the purchase. We will then get the title application ready and send it to the State of NH Title Bureau; they will contact your lien holder and have your title swapped for a NH title. When this is finished, Title Bureau will mail you a letter explaining that you should bring the letter to us along with your copy of the title application, and we can issue the plates. You will be charged a state fee and a town tax, which is an excise tax.
- Change your license: You will need to bring 1 Primary, 1 Secondary and 1 Residency document OR 2 Primary and 1 Residency document.
- Birth Certificate
- Valid Passport
- Valid Military ID
- Valid Photo Drivers License
- Photo image driver's license
- Non-driver ID
- State of Nh employee ID
- Marriage or Civil Union Certificate
- Divorce Decree for name change
- Social Security Card
- Current student photo ID
- Military discharge papers
- Valid NH Title
- Blue copy of a Title Application
- Valid NH Registration
- Notarized letter from landlord
- Mortgage Statement
- Current utility bill
- Property Tax bill
- Government check or document
- Issued by an offical in place of residency
- Payroll check or document
- Verification by a parent
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE IN ENGLISH!
YOU HAVE 60 DAYS AFTER MOVING INTO THE STATE TO CHANGE BOTH YOUR VEHICLE REGISTRATIONS AND TITLES AND ALSO YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE.
Dog licenses need to be obtained for all dogs over 3 months old. We will need a current rabies certificate. The cost is $10.00 or $7.50 for a fixed animal. Seniors over 65 get one dog for a fee of $2.00.